Derbyshire Deer. Interesting information about deer and maybe why we gravitated towards this design as our unit identity…
- Deer are iconic creatures of Derbyshire. We have expanding populations of Red, Roe, Muntjac and Fallow in our county.
- Deer symbolism and meanings include intuition, grace, gentleness, tranquillity, devotion, and good luck.
- A deer herd’s mentality is to make sure that no one is left behind while they are on the move; an essential element of our journey to Korea.
- The deer is one of 10-12 symbols known together in Korea as ‘Ship-jangsaeng’, which are used to represent immortality or long life.
- Korean hanji (traditional paper) containing deer imaginary is a visual reminder to be harmonious, gentle, and mindful of each other, just as the animal is.
Unit 11 badges are available to purchase from Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org
£3 per badge plus P+P. All funds raised will go towards Unit helping to ensure cost is not a barrier to the young people attending 25WSJ Korea.
Let's Meet our Leaders
Roles Assistant Beaver Leader (1st Belper) Assistant Explorer Leader (Belper Badger Explorers)
Roles Assistant Scout Leader (1st Holymoorside, Chesterfield) Spitewinter Campsite Booking Secretary Loves DumpingsHatesNot having fun!
Roles Cub Leader (Curbar Scout Group) ADC Cubs (Peak District) ESL Young Leaders (Peak District & SASUs) Loves Archery and OSM!
Roles District Explorer Scout Commissioner (Derby South) Assistant Scout Leader (119th Derby & SASUs)